Big River Road
Mendocino, CA 95460
We are pleased to announce that the Fourth annual
PAL Big River Run and Walk in memory of Deputy
Ricky Del Fiorentino is on Saturday, August 24th 2019.
- 1/2 Marathon
- 1/2 Mile Kiddie Race
NOTE: Fees increase $10 after August 14th
- Ages 0 – 12 Free (any event)
- 13 – 18 $10
- 18+ $30
- 1/2 Marathon $45
- Marathon $65
How to Register
- Online through RunSignUp
- Online through Active.com
- By paper Registration Form
- At check-in the day before the race–Location Mendocino Fire Department 44700 Little Lake Rd, Mendocino 4-7 pm.
- On Race Day – 7-8 am.
The Big River Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, 10K and 5K consist of a run along the scenic old logging haul road (dirt/gravel) past groves of second-growth redwoods into the heart of the historic Big River Estuary. The flat and wide course meanders along the northern bank of Big River where runners will race out and back, retracing their steps at the turnaround points located 1.55, 3.1, 6.55 and 13.1 miles out. The road is approximately 15 feet wide and maintained; it is commonly used by runners and bikers.
State-of-the-art chipped timing is provided by Synergy Race Timing, a California professional chip timing and disposable tag race timing company.
Race Day Schedule
|Day-of-Race Registration||7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.|
|Day-of-Race Packet pick-up||7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.|
|Kiddie Race start||8:00 a.m.|
|Marathon & 1/2 Marathon start||8:30 a.m.|
|10K start||8:45 a.m.|
|5K Run & Walk start||9:00 a.m.|
Water & Aid
Water will be provided at the Start/Finish and every 1.5 miles as follows:
- Start Zone near Kiosk (water)
- Station 1 at 5K Turnaround (water)
- Station 2 at 10K Turnaround (water & gel)
- Station 3 at mile 4.6 (water & sports drink)
- Station 4 at 1/2 Marathon Turnaround (water & gel)
- Station 5 at mile 8.5 (water & gel)
- Station 6 at mile 10.5 (water & gel)
- Station 7 at Marathon Turnaround (water & gel)
Given 3 deep in all age divisions. Marathon and 1/2 Marathon runners receive a completion medal. Completion medals for Kiddie Race participants.
AT THE FINISH LINE
Runners will be announced as they cross the finish line; there will be music, a raffle, and race fare.
RAFFLE TICKETS, TEES, & SWEATSHIRTS
If you would like to purchase tickets or race apparel, visit the Mendocino Coast PAL Big River Run Store from this link.
Would you like to support PAL, but don’t quite feel like running? Volunteer on Raceday!